South Farmington is honored to be hosting a Little League Juniors (15U) tournament next week.
Two tournament games are scheduled to be played every night from Monday, July 7 until the championship game on Saturday, July 12.
- Monday (July 7) through Thursday (July 10): Two games each night at Founders Sports Park [Google Maps], Field #5, #6 or #7. Game time: 6:30pm
- Friday (July 11): Two games at Drake Park [Google Maps], Field #1. Game times: 6:00 and 8:00pm.
- Saturday (July 12): Championship game at Drake Park [Google Maps], Field #1. Game time 7:30pm
This is a great opportunity to see some quality 15U baseball teams from around the region.
Returning players: you will need a participation code to register before August 1
New players: you can register without a participation code after August 1
Want to skip the details and just register? Click the big green button below (at the bottom of this post)
- Registration will be open July 1 – July 31 for all returning spring players and their families.
- All returning players will need a participation code to register during July.
- Registration will be open all other players August 1 – August 15 (no registration code required)
- Registration closes August 15
- All registration will be on first come, first serve basis until divisions are full, regardless of date. Last year we filled up early in a few leagues
- The season runs Aug 26 – Oct 11 with practices on weekdays. Most games will be on Saturdays. Some leagues may have Friday night games. No game or practice times have been set for any league at this time.
- Baseball or softball: $80
- Tee ball: $50
- Multiple player discounts for families will be allowed for 3 players or more. (50% on 3rd, 75% on 4th)
- Refund policy – Full until Aug 28. 50% Aug 29 – Sept 2. No refunds after Sept 2
League Ages and Placement
- Players are placed in the league they would qualify to play in 2015 (that’s next Spring)
- Tee ball (Must be at least 4 years old by Sept 1)
- Baseball 8,10,12, 14 and 16 U. Players who are league age 17 for 2015 will be allowed to play 16 U
- Softball 8,10,12, 14 U. Players who are league age 15 for 2015 will be allowed to play 14 U.
- Move ups will be considered by the baseball or softball commissioner, please email them for consideration (contact info here). Move downs are not allowed for safety issues
- Teams will be formed based on player requests first and manager requests second. SFBI reserves the right to split requests up in order to create balanced teams.
- Teams will be formed by Aug 22
Want to manage or coach?
- Please contact your league director if you would like to manage or coach. All requests must be in writing (email will do) and all managers and coaches are subject to concussion testing if not completed previously
An earlier story posted here was in error. Registration for Fall Ball starts July 1st (NOT August 1st) for returning SFBI players and August 8th for new players. Registration will close August 15th. If a division fills up (regardless of the date) it will close. Last year we filled up early in a few divisions. Stay tuned for more details.
Congratulations to all of the players, coaches, umpires and parents who participated in this year’s baseball playoffs. It was a wonderful opportunity to highlight the progress all of our teams made during the season.
The winner for each division’s playoff tournament was:
- 8U: Diamondbacks and Nationals (two brackets)
- 9U: Blue Jays
- Minors: Nationals
- Majors: Diamondbacks
- 15U Juniors: Mets
The full text message from the City is below:
FRM:email@example.com SUBJ:Fields Closed Tue Jun 24 MSG:Athletic fields closed today due to flooding and saturated conditions. Unsubscribe @ www.fhgov.com
To receive field closing notifications on your phone follow the instructions available here
This weekend is an All-Baseball Playoff weekend on City Park #2. Here is the schedule (as we know it at this time).
- 6:00pm: Majors Baseball semi-final. Diamondbacks vs. Nationals
- 8:00pm: Majors Baseball semi-final. A’s vs. Tigers
- 2:00pm: 9U Baseball Championship
- 5:00pm: Minors Baseball Championship
- 8:00pm: Majors Baseball Championship
In addition, the Juniors Baseball (13-15) Championship game is Saturday night, 8:00pm at Drake Park #1 (under the lights).
Good luck to all of the teams and a special “thank you!” to the managers, coaches and parents!
This is the last weekend of the Spring 2014 South Farmington season.
Next week we have a number of South Farmington Baseball All-Star games:
- 6:15pm: Juniors All-Star Baseball (13-15) at Founders
- 6:30pm: 8U All-Star Baseball (two games) at City Park #3 and City Park #4
- 6:30pm: 9U All-Star Baseball at City Park #2
- 6:00pm: Minors All-Star Baseball game #1 at City Park #2
- 8:00pm: Minors All-Star Baseball game #2 at City Park #2
- 7:30pm: Majors All-Star Baseball at City Park #2
There is still plenty of South Farmington baseball to watch this weekend. So find a game and watch the kids play some ball.